Monday, August 6, 2007

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!

(Pictures courtesy of LSUsports.com)


I just needed to have a shout of for my boys in purple and gold. The pre-season rankings came out and LSU has earned a spot VERY near the top of the poll at # freaking 2!!!!!! Now I've always been a fan of LSU growing up. Since practically my whole entire family (mom, dad, brother, grandmother, aunt, uncle, and the list goes on and on) graduated from a really small school in north LA, there was obviously much opposition when I told the family that I decided to go to undergrad at LSU. There's only been one person in our fam (my great Aunt Sue) who ever attempted to break the small college cycle and go to a REAL school AKA-LSU. Looking back on it, I will write that down as probably THE best life decision I ever made. Not only did I get to spend my freshman year, and a few of my sorority years, living with one of my best friends, I met some of the greatest girls on the planet who to this day remain my friends, and of course my equally amazing husband.

Even though I was a cheerleader for part of high school, I was never a big football fan. My brother always played baseball and basketball throughout his entire life and I could easily say I've sat through hundreds and hundreds of those games. Coming to LSU, I knew football was a "big deal" but I didn't realize how big until I actually went to game. There is nothing on this planet that compares to a Saturday night SEC game in Death Valley. Standing up the student section, Tiger dogs, the smell of whiskey being smuggled in and put in drinks, getting those drinks dumped on you during touchdowns, and being hoarse from screaming every Tiger cheer you can possibly thing of, is nothing short of a true life experience. For 7 of the 8 years I was a student at LSU, I was a season ticket holder (minus that first year of law school when the student body cheated us out of tickets but I won't go there in this post.) While I didn't go to every game, it can be assured that I was at many and if I didn't make it physically, I was definitely watching or listening on the radio.

Getting up at 5 am to try and make it to ESPN gameday, 6 o-clock tailgates for noon games, eating jambalaya and drinking ice-cold Bud Lights on hot game days and a big glass of Crown and coke to keep you warm on those very last few home games when it's actually chilly in South Louisiana. That's just a few of the many aspects of gameday at LSU. With this being the first in eight years of not living in Baton Rouge, it's definitely going to be an adjustment. Cliff and I have already decided to come down for a great SEC battle: the LSU v. Auburn game, and I KNOW we'll be down for more besides that. And hopefully, a little road trip to Tuscaloosa, Alabama where we can watch Nick Saban get is freaking ass whipped! But back to my post-a congrats to the LSU Tigers and best wishes for a SEC West, SEC Championship, and National Championship season!!! I'll leave you with Payton pics during one of her many tailgating days! GEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

Early morning Pre-gameLate afternoon, almost post-game

5 comments:

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Those are some awesome stories! Love the Pay pics :)

kaitlin said...

An SEC football fan...a girl after my own heart. It'll be sad when my Gator boys knock your LSU guys down a notch or two though ;) Pay is just tooooo cute!

Ashley said...

I LOVE the PAY pics! AWWWWW...I am a proud auntie...

Beach Bum Marcie said...

woooooooooooow. nice blog. love pay.

lxj said...

good post!!!!