Monday, August 6, 2007

The Job Search is in Full Effect!

So after a few firmly worded threats from some friends, I've decided it would be in my best interests to update the blog. Nothing really exciting has been going on, hence my lack of posts. I did finish up the bar (thank goodness!) and am hopeful that I will never have to go through that horror again (although I feel certain come score time in October, I'll find out it's time to crack those books open once again.) But for now, I'm enjoying a few days at home with my hubby and Payton, and just taking a breather.

On my few days off, I've joined the ranks of the unemployed who are diligently searching for a way back into the workforce. I will honestly say that it's a weird experience. I've never had a "real" job so to say. Of course I worked throughout college and some during law school but these were all part-time while at school or on the summers off. It's really weird to actually be looking for a job that I plan to hold for LONG-TERM. No more 5 weeks off for Christmas , summer breaks before school starts back, Mardi Gras holidays, school or sorority sponsored parties, Friday night get togethers at the local bar, and most of all, no more Baton Rouge. From now on it will be billable hours, vacation time, 401K's, health insurance, and paid time off. Not that it's a bad thing, but certainly a change.

I'm definitely realizing the "grass is always greener on the other side" mantra. The last year of school I couldn't freaking WAIT to be finished with going to class and studying for finals. Now that the time has come, getting an 8-5 job and commuting 1-2 hours a day to get there has me kinda worried. However, I can't help but kinda be excited to get my butt out there and use the freaking 4 degrees that it took me 8 years to get. So, once again, the job hunt has begun. While it may be different, I'm actually looking forward to it and as stupid as it sounds, I'm really ready to put to use what I spent so long learning-no matter where that may be. BUT, first, someone please hire me?!?! =)

5 comments:

Chrissy, Jess, & Baby Lena said...

The perfect job WILL find you!

kaitlin said...

OMG, I love that picture. I want to eat him up. *big hugs* girlie, I know exactly what you're going through! You can do it - just keep applying, even when it sucks!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chrissy - the perfect job will find you!

Courtney said...

Welcome to the jobhunt! Enjoy it while it lasts and be picky!

a real librarian said...

I'm with Chrissy, too - it'll come and it'll be exactly what you want/need! I'll be sending you good job hunting vibes!!!