Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Animals in my Life

Well I'm sure most of you are already well aware of one of the loves of my life: my darling, beautiful, smart, sassy Pomeranian Payton. I adopted Payton a little over 3 years ago (right before I started law school) and she has been the most wonderful daughter I could ever ask for =)


She is such a people person and LOVES to go with her family everywhere they go:

Tailgating-GEAUX TIGERS!!!!


The Bahamas


Or just about anywhere:


Our newest addition to the family is a little cutie pie named Abaco (named after one of the islands in the Bahamas) or for short, Abby. She's a fun-loving, hyper, and energetic little fuzz ball who just joined her sister Pay one week ago.




A few other animals that have decided to take up residence at our house are Midnight and Pumpkin (I'll leave it up to your imagination as to what name goes with which cat ;)). Both of these were stray cats that lived out in our barn for awhile but have now decided that life lounging around our deck is much better. I honestly am NOT a cat person AT ALL (neither is my husband) but I'm okay with these two. They are far from tame but I have no problem with feeding them and allowing them to stick around-as long as they take care of those pesky mice that like to run around in the country!




Besides, Payton has decided that letting them know she is boss is her favorite new pasttime. Here she is rounding up the troops:





And last but not least, a couple of hummingbirds that have been gracing us with their presence lately. I know they're kinda hard to see from the pics but those things move fast when you whip out a camera!

Of course, I have to end with a pic of my beautiful little daughters all snuggled up for a nap =)

12 comments:

Courtney said...

OMG they are so cute. I love how your little is coming together, cats and all!

Sarah said...

congrats on the new addition to your family!!! your doggies are both so cute...esp when they are snuggling together :)

Rhonda said...

Awwwww.....they are just too freakin adorable! And yay for a blog update....finally : )

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

LURVE all the furbaby pics :) Keep'em coming!

a real librarian said...

Awww what sweet little babies!!! =)

mrshansta said...

i love your babies! pay is as cute as ever, and abby is absolutely darling. im not a big cat fan either, but it is sweet how you've "come to terms" with those two.

Stacy said...

Congratulations! That is one cutie patootie!! I know how badly you wanted a new addition :) And it looks like Payton and Abby are getting along great! Keep it up with puppy pictures! You know I can't get enough!

shelby said...

I still can't get over how tiny Abby must be! I mean...Pay is pretty little, right? And she looks huge next to Abby! How much does she weigh?

And I'm glad you're coming around on the cats. :) I'm still holding out hope that Emmy and Pay can be friends someday!

SecretlyEloped said...

You've got some cutie patooties on your hands! CONGRATS on the new addition!

Christy said...

Congrats on the new addition. Your girls are cute as can be.

RACHEL said...

I love your babies, B! They are too cute....even your kitties! Love 'em!

kaitlin said...

I just want to eat them up!!!