Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Joys of the Interview Process......

So as most of you know, I'm still on the search for the perfect job. Today I had an interview for a position that I wasn't exactly "excited" about but hey, at this point, I can't exactly be too picky. Therefore, I got up this morning, put on my black interview suit, and made the one hour trek to the building where the interview was to take place. I was really early so I ran a few errands and pulled into the parking lot approximately 30 minutes before the interview. Enough time to brush my hair, redo my makeup and slip on my pumps (since purple crocs don't exactly go well with the proper interview attire).

When I pulled into my parking spot, I noticed that in the two spots to my left, there were some huge metal poles that were bundled up and lying (laying, leaning? Sorry I didn't do well in grade school English) on the ground. They were close enough to the front of the actual parking spot that a small vehicle could still pull in there but would just have to be careful as not to run over it. As I am applying some lipstick before I go in, a orange car abruptly pulls up and backs into the space immediately to my left. Apparently, this gentleman did not see the poles and proceeded to ram over them and a lovely screeching/scratching noise eluding to the damage done to the underside of his car, subsequently occurred. He thus pulled up a tad (more screeching) and flings his door open-right into MY car door. Obviously it wasn't of worry to him that he could have potentially scratched/damaged someone else's car because he pays no attention to the fact he hit another person's car door, briefly checks the back of his car, and then proceeds to walk towards the building entrance. Apparently he didn't see that the owner of the little silver bullet he hit was SITTING in her car when he did that.

Anyway, I grab my purse and hop out of my car to inspect the damage. Turns out that thankfully there were no scratches/dents (or orange paint) on the silver bullet. But seriously, who hits someone's car and doesn't even LOOK to see if they caused any damage? What if I had a HUGE dent in my car? Whatever, I didn't and all is good so I'll just forget about this jerk-off. With it being just a few minutes before my interview, I get my resume binder, lock my car doors and head into the building. As I walk in I am searching for the office to meet at when a gentleman asks "Are you here to meet Todd Smith?" Since that is the person I am interviewing with, I turn around while simultaneously answering yes. It is then that I become face to face with Mr. Smith who in fact turns out to be.....yes....... the "lovely" gentlemen who parked his orange vehicle right beside me. =) What a great way to start an interview......let's just say this is a job I definitely WON'T be taking.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

ha! thats a great story. well...i wish you tons of luck in all the OTHER interviews that you will get :)

Stacy said...

Oh no!! I saw where this was going. It is like right out of a sitcom! But above all, thank god the car is okay! That would have been quite the awkward confrontation!

a real librarian said...

Unbelievable!!! Good story though - glad there was no damage! Good luck with your interviews!!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness---how crazy.
I'm always one that makes sure I don't hit the car next to me as I enter or exit my car. Some people are so inconsiderate.
GL with your interviews.

Courtney said...

OMG definately someone you don't want to work for!
Ha ha with the purple crocs. I'm always afraid that I am going to forget my shoes and get stuck wearing fuglies

shelby said...

What a douche! I would have left him an angry note!

And I am always forgetting to slip on my work shoes before I get out of my car...I have spent plenty of days getting confused looks from coworkers about my ratty flip flops! So funny that you guys do that too. :)

Beach Bum Marcie said...

This is unacceptable. Honestly. :(