Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Halloween Costumes!

While I've never been one of those super gung-ho Halloween peeps, I've always enjoyed finding something fun to dress up as and go out on one ghoulish weekend a year. Well, last October, I decided that Payton needed to get in the Halloween spirit too. During a quick trip to Petsmart, I found just the costume for her-a cute little chicken. And so the tradition has begun. Here's some pics of her in the costume-can you tell how absolutely thrilled she was to be wearing that chicken head?


Of course when I went in PetCo the other day to pick up some stuff for our new bundle of joy, Abby, they already had the Halloween costumes out-seriously perfect timing as it's a good hour to the nearest pet store and I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it back that direction again before October would be over. It was a tough choice, it came down to an elephant, a peacock, and the winner-Payton as a horsie with a little cowboy riding her. Now don't let her fool you, she LOVES getting dressed up (mainly because it usually precedes the event of going for a ride-one of her most favorite things.) But I think the head gear is just a little too much for her. All in all, I think Pay will be able to suck it up and hopefully she'll be a little happier next time she puts the costume on.


13 comments:

RACHEL said...

Too cute! What is Abby going to be?

Amanda @ Click. The Good News said...

Heehee! Those are priceless :) I'm sure Pay will get lots of puppy-treats.

Courtney said...

Hilarious!
I'd give her a treat if she knocked on my door.
You should get the elephant for Abby!

Christy said...

She's adorable! Our kids have only dressed up the last 2 years, first they were batman & superman (supergirl in Rooster's case) and last year they were a ballerina and pumpkin. :)

a real librarian said...

OMG!! Those pics are TOO CUTE!!!

WORTNews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LW said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - that was me, I didn't realize I was signed in as Nathan!

LOVE the pics! They are too funny..thanks for posting, it was a good laugh :) SO cute

Sarah said...

omg! those pics are toooooo cute! I can't stand the cuteness!

Rhonda said...

I love Halloween Payton!!! She is so adorable!

Stacy said...

Pay looks a bit miffed in that last picture!! I love it!! She is so up for anything! Of course I miss that chicken though! Brian put his foot down when we were in the store yesterday (don't worry I will go back later without him) and I had to settle (for the moment) on just black and orange barrettes for her hair :)

Stacy said...

oops, that would be Daisy's hair I was referring too.

Ashley said...

I love that last picture! She looks HUMILIATED!! HAHAHAHA

bridejenn said...

Yeahhh for new costumes!!! I am still a HUGE fan of the chicken costume and it totally made my night to see those pictures again! =)